We are a startup that is revolutionizing the way people live their social life, reinventing the concept of social networks as an empowerer of human relationships.
A community of over 300,000 people who share their interests and passions, organizing and participating in any type of event: at home, in the open air, in the best clubs in the city, and online!
We are not a simple service but rather a real lifestyle!
Our work affects hundreds of thousands of people; for some, we have changed their lives, in the most positive meaning of the term, of course.
We deliver a service that allows them to most easily and genuinely meet new friends.
For this reason, we need to give ‘em the best experience on our products, and here you, as a professional and skilled Backend Engineer, could help us.
Here is a few examples of your responsibilities:
- Write quality code that’s testable and maintainable. You understand the benefits of code that is clean and idiomatic
- Follow best practices in coding style, Git usage, commit messages, pull requests, and team conventions.
- Perform code reviews and play an active part in tech discussions.
- Make proposals to improve our tech stack, libraries, and tooling.
- Contribute to product development. We’re all about taking a proactive role and ownership of your work.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that wow factor to put smiles on our users’ faces.
- Stay up-to-speed with new technologies, and test the promising ones to ensure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities.
What we offer:
- Huge impact. As we said before, our product is used by hundreds of thousands of people. The quality of your work will make a decisive difference—both to the users and comehome as a whole.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations, we invent our own.
- Remote working. Every day, you’ve got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Hands-on experience on MongoDB and Neo4j databases
- Hands-on experience on AWS ecosystem (API-gateway, lambda functions, EC2,…)
- Experience in using Git versioning systems
- At least 2 years of experience in writing backend code for production 24/7 systems
- Confidence in writing unit and end-to-end automated tests
- Experience in setting up Docker containers and using them to develop and deploy microservices
- You must be fluent in English, both spoken and written, to enable cooperation with non-italian speaking colleagues
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Experience in working in an agile environment is a plus
- Work experience in a startup is a plus
What we look for:
- You have a degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- You have passion for the subject. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing good software.
- You’re structured and creative enough to solve the most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- You’re energetic, hard-working, and resilient against adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- You love exploring, and you’re into hunting down new opportunities and testing ideas. So you seek—you don’t just wait to be told what to do.
- You can be entrusted with responsibilities big and small.
- You’re down-to-earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your teammates with whatever it needs to succeed.